I keep getting messages asking about all this so im gonna explain it all here!
• For months it’s been known that FOB have been recording new music but they weren’t revealing anything about the new album
• Patrick said a few times on twitter that it sounds nothing like their other albums (but all of them are slightly different so don’t stress)
• It was then rumoured/said in a few articles that they were set to release new music before the end of 2014
• Today (20-08-14) someone found on a casting website that FOB were looking for various actors to play various different characters in a Roman-themed music video for new song “Centuries”
• A radio station also tweeted Patrick saying “the future sounds amazing #Centuries #NewFOBMusicSoon” or something like that
• A few people tweeted that it was set to be released October 6th (but I don’t know how they know this)
• I saw a text post saying apparently it’s gonna be a concept album (which would link in with how Patrick said it sounds nothing like anything they’ve done before) but I’ve only seen this once and the post said “apparently” so I’m not sure whether to believe this but it’s exciting anyway!
• I saw one or two people say the album is due out in November (but once again im not sure how they know this
• EXTRA: Apparently a lyric is “I will love you for Centuries”
And that’s all I know but it is exciting!!
tbh you literally can never go in to the taylor swift tag on this website because people are always tagging their hate lmao
Only thing I hate about Taylor releasing an album, single or music video is that I can’t go into the Taylor Swift tag for at least two weeks until all the hateful, vengeful, unnecessary and downright pathetic posts have been filtered out.
Like seriously do you people have nothing better to do, the amount of hate I’ve seen in the past few is days is more than i’ve ever seen Taylor get. All these people going oh ‘this song sucks. I hate this whiny bitch etc etc”, why are you listening to the song. why are you watching the video, nobody cares about your irrelevant opinion, BYE.
yes, because taylor purposefully and maliciously planned the release of shake it off around ferguson.
PARDON MY WHILE I RANT
It is not Taylor’s fault that she isn’t raising awareness about Ferguson.
THIS LIVE CHAT AND MUSIC VIDEO AND EVERYTHING WAS PLANNED WAY BEFORE FERGUSON SHE HAS BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR 2 GOD DAMN YEARS
Just the fact that people have discovered that there is nothing more to make fun of Taylor about, they have turned to this.
This really pisses me off.
Other celebrities aren’t making music videos and helping. What can you do to help? Spread awareness? It’s already been spread.
It’s a problem with the police service in Ferguson so pardon me while I ask why a celebrity talking about it would help at all?
Honestly, this pisses me off so much. Ffs.
I wholly disagree with those who think that Taylor Swift was using black women as props in “Shake It Off”
1. The concept of the video is that she’s celebrating all kinds of dance. Admiring, respecting it, and failing to do it herself, but knowing she’ll dance to her own beat. She did it with break dancing, ballet, and contemporary along with twerking.
2. That was not the only scene where black people are used. Could there have been more of a balance? Always. But it isn’t as if she only used POC in that one scene.
3. I’ve learned a lot from tumblr about racism/appropriation/culture etc. and one of the things I was taught is that people like Miley and Iggy shouldn’t be twerking because its appropriating black culture. Yet when Taylor Swift has a scene where the majority of the twerking women are black, they are props. It’s a dance. She’s not sexualizing it, she’s doing the same thing that she was doing in every other scene, admiring the dancers and failing at doing it herself, making fun of herself.
I am all for fighting against racism/stereotyping/appropriation/sexism and can wholly admit that Taylor Swift has done some problematic things in the past, like slut shaming. But to call her racist and ignorant because of a music video that celebrates expressing yourself through dance in any and everyway you can just doesn’t add up for me.
Criticisms I’ve seen about shake it off
• taylor is racist for featuring many dance styles, including twerking which somehow oppresses black women
• taylor is disgracing professional dancers by dancing terribly around them
• taylor released a song about dancing during the ferguson protests instead of doing something about ferguson
i love how many people saying that Taylor Swift’s new video is racist admit to not even watching it
watch it before you go “oh this one millisecond screencap on tumblr could be seen as racist so i’m gonna act like the entire video is racist”
read what black people who’ve seen it fully and thought about it think about it
for fuck’s sake people
"I love being healthy. I get a lot of sleep. I’m a girl who eats. And I feel beautiful no matter how I look. I have my family to thank for that."
Isn’t it strange how it all happens? All my life I dreamt about the bright lights and the big city. You know, they tell you that it’s gonna be glamorous and they tell you that you have everything, but no one tells you how lonely it’s gonna be and they don’t tell you, when you’re twirling in front of the mirror as a child, what the papers are gonna say about you someday. Because they don’t tell you they’re building you up just to try and knock you down… but they haven’t yet.